Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Adventures in Spirit

M. Scott Peck, author of The Road Less Traveled, states, "If we know exactly where we're going, exactly how to get there, and exactly what we'll see along the way, we won't learn anything."  I have never been one to sit still.  As a child, I could be found exploring the woods, nearby ponds and creeks, or following the railroad tracks past quiet farms and open land.  As an adult, I've traveled the world, learning new cultures and meeting new people.  I never knew where my journeys would take me.  Not knowing where my explorations would lead lent an air thick with mystery and intrigue that urged me -- lured me -- to continue in my adventures.  I liked not knowing where I was going.  These adventures became my "spiritunities" to find "treasures" around every bend.

As spiritual beings, our journeys are as diverse as Spirit.  There is no "correct" path; all lead to the same Source.  Each journey is personal and unique to that individual.  No two paths are the same; although, they may be similar.  Each of us comes to know Spirit in his or her own way; what I learn and what you learn are different pieces we can share with each another in order to gain a better understanding, knowing full well that the current of mystery will always flow, enticing us and encouraging us on our individual spiritual quests.  The Mystery knows exactly what to do to romance us on our journeys.  Sometimes we like it; sometimes we don't, but somewhere deep inside, we know it's what we need for the highest good of ourselves and others.



Spirit "speaks" to us daily through people, places, and things.  But most of us are blind to these ways until something acts as a catalyst, parting the veils.  Then we begin to see Spirit in everything around us and within us.  Spirit reveals answers, solutions, inspiration, help, encouragement, etc., in many unexpected and uncommon ways.  Ordinary things suddenly reveal the extraordinary.  Eureka!  We reach a moment of enlightenment.  It's these moments, these treasures, I love to discover and collect.

In this age of technological wonder, I don't rely on a GPS to guide me whenever I venture to new places.  I'd rather wander, finding the roads less traveled, and enjoying the scenery along the way.  If I have a destination in mind, I give myself plenty of time to wander and explore, and to discover or learn something new. So it is with the spiritual journey.  Our path is a treasure map to Spirit.  We never know what we'll discover as we journey through life.  The treasures we seek rest within, and our inner navigational system will lead us to where we are meant to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment