Saturday, October 12, 2013

Mountaintop Message Up Yonder



The Universe intends me good.

That was the thought that came to me this morning as I stood atop Monte Sano Mountain outside of Huntsville, Alabama, as the sun began to rise.

The morning sky had broken, bursting with fingers of pink and orange, while fog blanketed the valley, leaving only the peaks exposed. I stood with those peaks, above the fog, feeling on top of the world. I took a few minutes to give gratitude and to reflect quietly on all that had brought me to this point. The 15K that I entered wouldn't start for another hour and a half or so, and I wanted to get my head in a good place before the race.

I stretched.

I breathed the autumn air slowly and deeply.

I quieted my mind as I watched the sun lift the darkness away to reveal the natural beauty around me.

As I did, I saw my faith as the mountain. And I saw the events of life as the fog that hid most of its face.

We never really know what's going to happen in life.

That thought can fill some people with trepidation and make them feel quite vulnerable.

But I like not knowing. It's okay not to know. It makes life the adventure that it is. And I know because of my faith that no matter what happens in life, all will be fine because the Universe intends me good.

It intends you good, too.

The fog of life eventually dissipates in the sun's spiritual light.

The view from Monte Sano State Park this morning.
Einstein once remarked, "The most important question a person can ask is, 'Is the Universe a friendly place?'"

This is a fundamental question to ask ourselves because the answer to that question will determine the outcomes in our lives.

I believe the Universe is a friendly place. I believe it has my back at all times. It told me so on the mountain.

How do you see the Universe?

Spiritwork:

Take a walk in nature and bring the Universe with you. Hold hands with it. Talk to it. Ask it to reveal it's message to you that you feel you need the most in your life right now. Trust that it has your back.


Related Posts:

Read the introduction to 31 Days of Spiritual Growth here, and find links to each post in this series.


8 comments:

  1. nice idea. Check mine and good luck with UBC! :)
    http://marchingduckblog.blogspot.com/2013/10/challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marching Duck! I look forward to hearing more about your challenge.
      Blessings.
      Penny

      Delete
  2. I see the Universe as a very friendly place. A place of Infinite Possibilities allowing me to go as far as I want and to accept and allow as much as I want.

    And I agree (as a matter of fact, my Mother and I have spoken about this many times) it is good that you do not know the future.

    If you did, instead of living each moment fully in all that it offers, you would constantly be trying to change some future event and thus never really living.

    In, the end, come what may, all is fine.

    :-)

    Kathy
    kathyhadleylifecoach.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,

      It is indeed a place of Infinite Possibilities! That's what I love about the Universe...anything is possible!

      I certainly want to live fully in each moment and I love the wonderful surprises the Universe brings.

      It's a beautiful thing, isn't it?

      Thank you, my friend.
      Blessings.
      Penny

      Delete
  3. Beautiful Penny!

    My husband touched my heart in a very beautiful way as well, last April, on his birthday when we visited the the Northern California Coastline.

    I asked him; what shall we do today to celebrate your birthday? He said' "Today I would like to take a walk on the beach and let the sand kiss my feet."

    Mmmmmm......I bow,

    Healthy Blessings with love,
    Gena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gena, what an awesome birthday request! How romantic...and poetic.

      Beautiful!

      Thank you so much for sharing, Gena.
      I bow to you... Namaste.
      Penny

      Delete
  4. Yes the universe is a friendly place...as I went for my jog this morning,I took a moment n said IM GRATEFUL for.....and I was listing them in my mind.....I'm so happy to have such a positive feeling toward life...but as I'm learning how to have these grateful feelings...I see how the universe has blessed me to the fullest.....n just makes me happy....blessing to you Pen n your family....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad that you are feeling positive about life. It wants to give you good things, so why not allow it? Gratitude opens the door for more positivity to come in, along with other blessings.

      :-)
      Blessings.
      Penny

      Delete