Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Changing Your Consciousness Filter

Everyone wants to be happy.

If you're not happy, it's not because you don't have the right job, car, or house.

It's because you don't have the right attitude or belief.

Do you find yourself wanting what others have?

Do you bitterly compare yourself to those who've achieved what you haven't?

Do you embrace the self-destructive premise that only certain objects can bring you joy?

If so, then you are destined to live a life of misery, unless you make some much-needed changes.

The good news is that you have the power to change it all.

It's your beliefs, not your material goods that bring you pleasure. If that which you focus on expands, then why would you want to keep concentrating on what you lack that others are enjoying? It's not about changing the circumstances of your life; it's about changing what you make those situations mean.

More often than not, people, many unaware, view life through a filter of lack rather than through one of abundance and gratitude. Whatever the choice, the Universe will surely fill your order.

If you want things to change, then you must change your consciousness filter.

Your consciousness is always in the process of creating. If you keep focusing on your problems or on what you are lacking compared to everyone else, guess what? You'll just attract more of the same. Instead, direct your energy to the emotions and experiences you want, not the conditions you're trying to get away from. This means to direct your attention to solutions.

When viewing others' lives, rather than choosing to see things through the lens of envy, be genuinely happy for them. This shift in energy is a critical step in breaking free of envy and in letting go of desperate striving, unfair judgment, and endless competition.

Look at what you possess and be pleased for yourself. Unsubscribe from the "belief" that you need more to be content. Instead, embrace the understanding that you'll get more as you welcome joy. See the good things within and around you, and expect the Universe to send some more.

Be willing to let go of the things that are keeping your energy down and making you unhappy. Be relentless in your refusal to engage in negative energy. True happiness can't coexist with negative thoughts and emotions. Do an immediate intervention whenever you find yourself tangling with negativity. Take some deep breaths and let the thought go.

Appreciate what you can about the present while pursuing your goals of the future. Choose to see the value of your life and your true self in the present moment.

Behind every personal quest is the desire to find and experience joy, but real achievement comes from finding that joy on a daily basis. Happiness is not some future event. It is a present choice we make.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Penny. I love this post, it really resonated with me. Happiness is definitely in the air this week! I have until recently been unaware that I've been focusing on lack around money. It's an old pattern that I've been playing out for the longest time, and it's so boring! When I woke up and realised what I'd been saying to myself and therefore what I'd been projecting out into the world I could let go of being a victim around money and more importantly let go of waiting for choirs of angels to swing by with bags of loot. I had not only been focusing on lack of money, but totally handed my personal power over to a perceived higher authority and doing nothing in my life to change it, other than project lack out. Jeez, what a mess! Anyway, I changed my focus and decided right there I was stepping into my power whatever. That feels so different, so much more empowering. The very next day my reality changed, it was that quick. Money came in from unexpected sources, and all I'd done was change my point of focus, own the stuff going on, and decide that I was responsible for changing it, nobody else. That's not to say that a choir of angels or unicorns for that matter bringing me wads of cash wouldn't go amiss of course ;) But whatever, I'm still choosing to be happy right now. Great post as ever, blessings to you, Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Andrea! Great to hear from you. I'm glad this resonated with you. The point of power is always in the present moment. When we change our point of focus and claim responsibility for ourselves, we can't help but feel empowered and happier, despite what seems to be going on around us. Shift happens!
      Blessings,
      Penny

      Delete