Friday, August 29, 2014

Photography as a Spiritual Practice?

As a spiritual woman, I try to bring awareness to everything that I do.

I'm always looking for new or deeper ways of expressing spirituality.

One of those ways is through photography. I use the act of photography as a tool for self-discovery and a method of journey in my faith. It's a fun and creative way of engaging with our world from a spiritual perspective. It's about finding the beauty and the sacred in the ordinary.

They say you are what you eat, or you are what you think. You are also what you write and what you photograph. We cannot separate ourselves from that which we do because we are always putting ourselves into whatever it is we are doing.

For the Ultra Blog Challenge which commences September 1, I will take you on a spiritual adventure through photography and the words each photograph inspires. Join me for 31 Days of Spiritography: Imaging the Sacred in Everyday Life.

 
Pelican at sunset over the Gulf by Penny McDaniel.
Silhouette of pelican at sunset over the Gulf of Mexico by Penny McDaniel

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your posts, Penny. The capture of the pelican is beautiful. So much of peace and calm in that single click.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend. I appreciate you stopping by and saying hello. Looking forward to hearing more from you.
      Blessings.
      Penny

      Delete